Wednesday, February 10, 2016

fresh Toasted Coconut anyone?


I've been realizing how I pulled cereal off our store shelves, without a thought of just how easy it was .  Now, even tho we get into PAP occasionally, cereal is expensive and not always available.
Granola is better anyway:) Just  takes a little more work.
I was able to get about 8 coconuts from the market, and here is the process:
1. slam the coconut onto the concrete to break them apart
2. remove the meat from the shell
3. grate the meats
4. Toast the grated coconut
Add to granola, no bake cookies, natural snacks, etc etc.  




raw... toasted

                        My littles are enjoying learning to help with the
                            laundry and the wringer washer. I love their
                              willingness to learn and do new things.


3 comments:

  1. That coconut looks so yummy 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were thinking of you all today so i decided to look up your blog! So glad i did.... Was refreshing to have a little peek into your lives in Haiti! Blessings and Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your pic of wringer washer. Reminds me of Kenya days!

    ReplyDelete