Monday, May 9, 2016

My work....

Sometimes people ask, "what is your job or responsibility there in Haiti?"

You know, as I was struggling the other day, feeling like what do I really do? I was again reminded  that every time I answer the door with a smile, (again) answer another question, or fetch keys for someone else, I am doing something important.

Why do we think that its  great and big things that matter most??

I am thankful for the gentleness of Jesus, in reminding me that even tho I may "only " cook lots of food, host lots of visitors (which I love todo, btw) or answer the door for the 5th time in a morning, that when I do it FOR HIM I am doing something important.

I want to be faithful in little everyday things. I am mostly doing here what you do there.Normal things like  being a mom, cooking, cleaning, reading  stories, assisting  with homework, rinse and repeat.

I am honored to do this.  I am blessed. And I choose to joy in the mundane. These moments turn to hours, and the hours into days. I want to make the most of every one.


Blessings to each of you, wherever you are, in whatever He has called you to. BE FAITHFUL!

1 comment:

  1. Good reminder....was just thinking about this this morning. I want to be building God's kingdom, but it's done in a lot of different, small ways. Love you

    ReplyDelete