Sunday, May 22, 2016

tidbits.....

School ends June 10. The children had a lapse during the move, and then getting back into things took a little time. They are excited for vacation! I hope to do maintaince school during the summer, just a few hours several days a week to keep them in tune ( and for some concentrated mom time too:)

We've discovered (in a whole new way) the love of reading!! I read aloud as many evenings as we can, and we are All enjoying the books, but also, the family time.


We just pulled our first green bean stalks out and are ready to replant. We have a very small garden, but are anxious to utilize the space better. So far we have  had green beans, a bit of spinach, and have cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers that LOOK promising. We'll see. Also, we have a little row of zinnias that are just a sweet reminder of our garden at home. A pop of color in our little garden!


We are learning Creole!
And so are the children. One day I asked one of them a question in Dutch, and they answered in Creole. Ummmmm???!!!  I enjoy being able to successfully bargain for the fruits and vegetables that come to our door, and also, communicate with my new friends. I can't wait til I can join the ladies in Bible Study, and understand them! We have so far to go yet with language, but its coming!


Occasionally we listen to a CD for our Sunday worship, so that we can take in a message in English. Today was special... we listened to our home congregation, over the phone. What a blessing!


An invitation to our fellow teammates in Gode tonight, for ice cream because they have to much milk?! Yay!!! (The milk itself is a special treat. We only have powdered milk here)


HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE!!!






1 comment:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed catching up on your blog today! Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us updated - very interesting! And God bless u richly for serving Him so sweetly and faithfully in the small things. I especially liked that post.�� reminded me of the encouragement you gave me on voxer the other day. Love you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete