Friday, November 17, 2017

A peek into our schoolday…


We are beginning to get a rhythm to our days, and  they sure are rolling along! This week i figured out if we keep it up, we will finish school the first week of March. Ahhhh, i believe i can relax abit. As a first time homeschool mom with 4 grades, plus a preschooler and babe to care for, I think I felt like if we didn’t keep the ship super tight we would quickly fall overboard, esp with visitors and so many unexpected things that can come up here. So, I am thankful. Its always easier to let out some slack than to have to pull it in.



20171027_082335[1]

We aim to be in class by 8:00. If we are all working together, we can have a hot breakfast together and the house tidy before we head downstairs. Jess does a great job with helping to see this happens. (I married UP!) Sometimes, tho, he has hospital runs to I didn’t get up when i should have, and we scramble.

We are using CLE for Math, Language Arts, Bible and Reading. History is Living Threads, and Science is a BJU dvd course.

I set the childrens goals a week ( or sometimes several weeks) ahead of time. They each know what is expected of their day,and it helps motivate them to be able to check off each subject as they finish it, and double check it when it is corrected.


Jess is great at meeting with them for recess. Right now “high water, low water” is the game of choice. We are getting some pretty good jumpers around here!


                                                                          20171027_082239[1]

We try to be finished with our main subjects by noon. We often get our rice and beans, or whatever is on the menu, from the school canteen. Around 12:15 we meet on the porch to get some Vitamin B and to continue our journey around the world, in History.


Chores happen from 1pm –2 pm, after which the children have some free time til Science class at 4.  I’m still learning so much, and I am thankful for the coaches that give me imput. I am grateful.


Some things I didn’t know before we began this journey are:

I didn’t know I had time.

I didn’t know I would ever enjoy it so much; i didn’t think i was a teacher.

I didn’t know I would be so excited to teach a first grader to read. Its incredible!

I didn’t know how much teachers put into a classroom.

But I am seeing so clearly that when God wants to show us His power, He will. When  we feel like we can’t do something, He will enable us by His grace and HIS strength todo that hard thing. Not only does He enable us todo it, HE gives us JOY in it all. I embrace this season with gratitude. He again, has proven FAITHFUL.




                 20171105_104300[1]                                                                              20171105_104222[1]





No comments:

Post a Comment