Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Experiments. ...

I have been wanting to start some herbs and container plants, but the lack of...
No... the price of....
No, I can't even say it's that necessarily. ( although when the majority of things cost almost 3x what you are used to, you think twice or three times before buying)
It's simply a lack of desperation I guess..
Today I got desperate. Wanted soemthing bad enough. And creativity kicked in. ( thank you for your help, Pintrest:))

I started with some peanut butter and mayo container,  a few milk powder tins, black spray paint, and we were on a roll.
( btw... does anyone else love spray paint like I do?! It transforms! )
I had a compost pile started months ago, so I mixed and stirred some dirt over the little stones I collected for drainage.
My mama and my sil had generously showered me with packets of seeds: cilantro, basil, parsley, oregano, chives, & thyme.

And then there were the packets of lettuce just begging to be planted. I've tried several times but to no great avail.
A little peek in the shop junk pile revealed some old drawers that suddenly inspired me. Why not plant a lettuce bed in them so I can move it from sun to shade as well as control the soil abit better? Worth a try!
Ill let you know in a few weeks what happens. In the meantime, my little porch corner has high hopes from me... don't you wanna sit here and have coffee with me while we watch the herbs grow?:)


No comments:

Post a Comment